The Feast

Monday, May 5, 2008

Day 2

My second day of juice fasting is under way. I woke up not hungry as usual and had my juice at 7am. I just had my second juice and was a bit hungry but it calms down about 15min after drinking the juice and protein. The Feast and protein keep hunger away for about two hours or so. I am starting to be more sensitive to smells (especially food) which is a by-product of the fast. Your senses get awakened.

I am communing more with God as I am leaning on Him for the grace to get me through these 40 days of fasting. While I am excited to be on the fast there are moments of hunger and negative emotions as a result of not giving my body what it wants when it wants it.

Grace and Peace,
Ed

2 comments:

MARYYX said...

Hi Ed
Love your picture of the veggie animals and shepherd.

Are you juice feasting (minimum of 1 gallon a day) or just fasting?

Maryyx

MARYYX said...

Okay - I just read the previous post and see that it is a fast you are doing.

If you want to look into the actual juice feasting, check out www.juicefeasting.com

I drink a minimum of 1 gallon of juice a day, which includes at a minimum the juice of 1 head of celery and 2 lbs. of greens. The greens are where the minerals, protein and calcium are.

I do also supplement sometimes with a green drink powder available through Nutronix, the company I am working with.

Wishing you all the best
Maryyx