The Feast

Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Juice Fast Overview

I have decided to go on an extended juice fast consuming just water, a scoop of THE FEAST and a scoop of EAS Premium Protein Powder. My plan is to have six of these drinks per day for a minimum of 40 days. I am doing this for several reasons.

First and foremost I want to weaken my flesh (my minds response to the cravings of my body). By weakening the flesh we strengthen the spirit. Both the body and the spirit seek attention from our mind and the one we feed the most becomes the stronger. Fasting is a great way to break the addictions that we develop over time.

Second, I would like to cleanse my body of toxins. The best way to do this is by juice fasting. Seeing as The FEAST is an insta-fresh juice powder of over 71 organic fruit, berries, greens, seeds, nuts and sprouts it has everything I need to replenish my body with live whole food nutrition. The protein powder will ensure that my muscles and organs are getting sufficient protein to maintain optimal health.

Lastly, I would like to lose about 60 pounds. I will give my starting weight when I begin in a few days but I want to be at the ideal weight for my height and age. One of the keys to a long healthy life is calorie restriction and proper nutrition. Less weight means less stress on the heart and other vital organs.

I will be drinking this drink at 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm and 10pm. I will only be drinking water in between as desired. This will provide me with 654 calories a day and all of the vital nutrients necessary for health and vitality. I will also be devoting more time and energy to my walk with God through prayer and Bible meditation. I am so looking forward to this. I will be using this blog to record my progress.

Grace and Peace,
Ed

No comments: